Friday, June 20, 2008

Welcome to the Schlog!

Welcome to the Schlog! A corny name for my first-of-hopefully-many blogs aimed at tracking the progress (or the lack of it) of my international B-school applications for the Fall of 2009 session.

I feel that international b-school applications are not easily understood by Indian applicants who are used to simply referring to b-school rankings. This blog should help improve my understanding of the application process and share the same with others.

About myself: I am a 2005 electronics and communication engineering graduate from a top 35 or so (in India) private college in Bangalore. Providence steered me towards joining a management consulting firm as opposed to an IT MNC as I had initially planned. Crossing the initial hurdles of adapting to a non-technical environment took some time but ever since, I've gotten along just fine. The firm where I work, consults mostly in the retail, fashion and healthcare domains. I work for the retail vertical as a consultant.Till the end of the 2005, my firm was the JV partner of an Atlanta based management consulting firm (voted #36 on list of most prestigious consulting firms in the world,;)). We still hold a strategic alliance with our former partners.

Feel free to comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like your CV.. Write something original